Yesterday, January 9 was a glorious day. It was the day in which, after almost 4 months, I finally have wifi at home. It felt almost as good as that day in November, 2 months after Hurricane Maria, where I finally got power back. Almost as good but not quite. After 2 months with no power, just turning on the lights in my room feels like a luxury. So now I can rejoin the online reading community, that is if my two jobs don’t get in the way!
I usually don’t do TBR lists like some people since my choices vary as time goes on. However, in an ideal world in which I have time to read everything, these are the choices and goals for reading I would keep in mind:
- Finish the Broken Earth Trilogy with the Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin.
- His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
- Finish the Remembrance of Earth’s Past Trilogy: the Dark Forest and Death’s End by Cixin Liu.
- the Shattered Empire trilogy (which I’m having my doubts on based on feedback from other readers), Red Sister and later Grey Sister (out on April) by Mark Lawrence
- Finish the Wheel of Time! I’m currently listening to the audiobook of the Path of Daggers.
- This year I’m hoping it will be a year full of Brandon Sanderson books. I’m planning on reading Elantris and Warbreaker before jumping into the Stormlight Archive.
- Would like to get back into graphic novels. I have in mind The Killing Joke, Wonder Woman Vol 1 and a few others.
- I’ve been slowly reading fairy tale collections. I started with those by Hans Christian Andersen and will work my way from there.
- A few contemporary fiction and classics to alternate with my fantasy books although I foresee that fantasy will predominate my reading.
- A bit of Japanese literature if I can squeeze it in.
Ok, I’m going to stop right there. I’m getting too ambitious!
Meanwhile, I’m currently reading Dune by Frank Herbert which so far is amazing!
Planning on posting a wrap up from last year sometime this month. I hope this year is a good reading year for everyone and hope to talk books, pharmacy and anything in between with y’all!
By the way, I’m on instagram: @thebooklovingpharmacist
I generally post book-related pictures and video clips.